Friday, August 10, 2012

Joe Allen ready for Liverppol FC

Here is the confirmation
http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/aug/10/joe-allen-liverpool-swansea

If you read my blog last week you will understand why I am so happy. I believe that we now do not need Spearing and we can lend out Shelvey unless Adam gets sold.

After watching these two videos these are the qualities that strike me about Allen off the bat without having seen in too many games:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YNsFzl9StcM

www.youtube.com/watch?v=FQgyR5VwYu4

- Close control and great at running with the ball at his feet at pace

- Quick of the few first yards

- Great awareness (you will notice he always gets his head up early)

- Much needed pace and ability to win the ball back because of it

- Looks to have a goal or two in him (although his shooting ability is nothing like Darren Gibson ... In other words lots of potential in this area)

He is also young and with lots potential to get even better. Seems to move quickly into the right areas. To me this looks like a much needed signing and I believe now that we are starting to have a really good central midfield again.

Lucas and Allen sitting in the two defensive positions allows many other to run forward and he has more than enough ability to join in in the attack as well.

Now we need wingers unless Glen Johnson and Gerrard (mainly due to his crossing ability and his success there when he was younger under benitez) is going to be used in the right wing position. I think Spearing and Downing can also be used to good effect there but I hope he stays away from the temptation of using Jordan henderson and others on the wing.

Can we start believing in something higher than 6th as was predicted by guardian journalists?

I think it is still to early and we do not have a back up striker now that Bellamy is gone. Unless Pacheco and Sterling gets a proper chance.

I think Sterling can be a revelation and will develop with game time. We will just have to wait and see. 8 days until the league starts.

Personally I think we need to see players going out the door before we see any more signings at this moment in time.

I hope Agger sticks around and that Skretel does as well but our squad is starting to look stronger. No doubt about that.

YNWA,
Stian

No comments: