Thursday, August 4, 2011

Injury rule Skretel out of Liverpool's opener


Personally I see this as a huge problem and it heightens the need for a central defender. Why not sign Samba?

I see that guardian today links liverpool in the rumour section with a move for Gary Cahill. I have also seen them linked with Scott Dann. Dann being a championship player at present would be the best signing that would probably also be the cheapest. I would have signed one of them and also started to bring Danny Wilson to the fore to see if he can perform as admirably as he did in the CL for Rangers a year or so back. Carra is getting older and although I think we might try we would be wise to play him more than 10-15 games this season.

Agger is going to be injured again and Soto is just too slow to be a star performer. Maybe with a game here and there against the weaker teams but he will need someone quick next to him. Neither Agger og Skretel can be described as being very quick.

Would Liam Ridgewell be one to go for if money is getting tight and we want cover at centre back. I know he has played left back for Birmingham lately but from what I can remember from his Aston Villa days and earlier Birmingham days he was a decent player and would probably not cost as much. Alternatively I do not think the Stoke captain Ryan Shawcross would be a bad signing neither.

Neither are superstars but will play more than the current crop of Liverpool centre backs (maybe with Skretel as an exeption) and probably could depth with quality. 

comments are welcome.

YNWA,
Stian

No comments: