Sunday, July 8, 2012

Great Xabi Alonso interview and thoughts on rumours

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2012/jul/03/spain-euro-2012-xabi-alonso

In my opinion the greatest defensive midfielder I have seen play for Liverpool. Mascerano was not far behind.

Lucas has potential to become as great if he sticks around for a while. I hope we have others that can develop into good replacement like Henderson and perhaps Shelvey. I do not think it would be a bad idea potentially bringing sissoko back but I am guessing Rogers will want a better football player.


Can he make spearing into a good football player? 


Will he sign someone with pace round the wings?

Lets hope we some someone decent sign in the next few weeks. After Siggurson signed for Spurs I think Dempsey would be fantastic. More raw talent, better ability to anticipate space and when to run into it to get to scoring chances and much better header of the ball. Also good shot with both his feet.



Sinclair would be another great addition and I have spoke at length about Matt Phillips. 


We will just have to wait and be patient I guess.


YNWA,
Stian

No comments: