Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Wigan and Blackburn games verdict and Jan Transfer Spec.

As most other Liverpool fans around the globe I am left frustrated by two terrible results that should have been wins. 

With Torres in the team I think we would won the games. He is a true goal scorer, commanded respect and provides that extra little spark needed right now. Bring him back is my shout out to kenny and to the owners.

Personally I think letting Merieles go and not delivering on the wage promises we gave him was a mistake. Torres I could understand when we were offered that much money and he wanted to leave himself. 

Since then 12 months have passed and Torres is unhappy and I think he would be available for a hell of a lot less than the £50M we sold for so why not go for him. 

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/blog/2011/dec/26/fernando-torres-chelsea-loss-form


It would make Stevie G happy, he would be a regular starter and would probably be happy again. (£27M would perhaps persude Chelsea to do business). 

Yes I know he is unjury prone and that he is struggling with form right now and that it is a bit of a risk to take but I think he would come good. Maybe for that reason we could argue that we would not pay more than £20-25M. 

He is certainly not worth what he was when he left.

I only watched 50 minutes of the wigan game and read the live updates on the Blackburn game but the excuses are starting to wear thin on me at the moment. These are simply teams we should beat regardless of wasting a few chances. The difference on us and United is that United wins these games 1-0 and I think it comes down to goal scorers.

This is why I come back to Torres again. I think he is a true goal scorer. I think Bellamy is one as well but he did not get a start yesterday. I would have liked to see him and Carroll start up top and give Suarez a bit of a rest. Having said that I dont know when the 8 game suspension kicks in (I guess after the appeal deadline), and I also saw he came on in the 70th minute without being able to make a difference.

Maybe give him a chance up front and leave Maxi on the field. Maxi always seems to turn up when it matters the most. He seems to run out of gas towards the end of games though so it seems the sub was warranted.

Who knows? I just felt we spent to much on Carroll maybe at the wrong time (January). We could have probably picked him up cheaper later in the summer as presumibly he would have been avaiable and had a poor 6months behind him due to injury primarliy. Then we would have had more of the Torres money to spend at this junction. 

Hindsight is a beautiful thing though. If Carroll gets more of a regular start going forward now, if this rediculous suspension remains in place, he may just start coming good and I will have to eat my words.
Bottom line is we need to start grinding out wins against the likes of Swansea, Norwich, Sunderland, Wigan and Blackburn. These are teams that we should beat every day of the week. Instead we keep coming up against great goal keeping performances or we keep finished good but not great.

I dont konw what the answer is but I hope we can breach the Newcastle defence on Friday and hopefully the famous "flood gates" will open right up. 

YNWA, 
Stian

No comments: