Thursday, May 6, 2010

Certainly will Chris.

Thought it was a little bit of a shame when you left as there seemed to be more articles at our old job, but maybe that is more a perception on my part than the truth.

I wonder now if its for the best that Rafa takes his hat and leaves and that we get in someone new quickly.

Saying that, I was thinking of the squad we have now and the one we had when houllier left. it is about 10 times better although we have a few that we could get rid of.I was listening to bbc's Monday night club yesterday and they were talking about Rafa's spending.

What they failed to acknowledge is that his net spending has not been that high at all. I heard the number net 70 mill quid.

And this is where I got thinking about the squad. Reina, mascherano, torres, agger, kuyt, glen Johnson, Skretel and benayoun with babel, insua and Kelly as talented youngsters coming through.

yes, I will admit that babel could have done better but he has made a lot of good acquisitions as well.

Aurelio, kyriakos and maxi have been good value for money.Lucas, aquilani and a few of the people that have left have been poor buys but all in all up until last year Rafa had done a lot of things right.

Imagine if Benitez bought a back up striker for the 20 mill he spent on aquilani.It could have been a very different season I think.

cheers.

Stian

Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

From: Chris Bascombe
Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 12:37:41 +0000
To: <
sga555@gmail.com>
Subject: FW: liverpools (our) future
Hi Stian Sorry for the delay replying. I don't use my work email much!!! You'll probably have gathered by now The Guardian story was spot on.These are terrible times for Liverpool FC. I fear it will get worse before it gets better and there will be some big changes in the summer. I just hope we get out of the mess soon and the monumental decisions to be taken have the desired effect. I'm glad you liked reading my articles in the ECHO. I hope you continue to do so in the News of the World because I assure you there is no writer in England who cares more deeply about Liverpool FC than me. It gives me no pleasure to have had to deliver so much bad news recently. Chris > Subject: FW: liverpools (our) future> Date: Thu, 6 May 2010 08:30:04 +0100> From: Chris.Bascombe@notw.co.uk>_______________________________>> From: Stian G. Andersen [mailto:sga555@gmail.com]> Sent: Tue 04/05/2010 15:29> To: Bascombe, Chris; c.bascombe@notw.co.uk> Subject: liverpools (our) future>>> Hi Chris,>> I was an avid reader of your articles before you left for news of the world and have stuck with the Echo.>> There is no doubt you have insight into the world of Liverpool and I was wondering when we can expect a decision from Rafa on his future.>> It is all over the bbc today that he has cancelled meetings with Martin Broughton and quite frankly I am writing to you because I am worried about our club.>> http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2010/may/04/rafael-benitez-liverpool-juventus-agent>> is there any truth to this article? I have found in the past that Guardian has been one of the most reliable sources of speculation...>> stian>>> --> Home Ph: + 1 403 455 1322> Cell Ph: + 1 403 971 7775> Email: Stian.g.Andersen@gmail.com>> Home Address:> 530 Everridge Drive SW,> Calgary, AB T2Y-5E5> Canada>>>> "Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail">> The Newspaper Marketing Agency: Opening Up Newspapers:>> http://www.nmauk.co.uk/
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

No comments: