Thursday, August 20, 2009

Liverpools win, first two games of the season and expectations for the future

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/liverpool-fc/liverpool-fc-news/2009/08/19/reds-boss-benitez-refuses-to-moan-at-reduced-transfer-kitty-liverpool-fc-latest-100252-24475817/


Please start the day celebrating the victory today with a beer and enjoy it. I thought we looked terrific.

We finally looked like the team that finished off the season so well last year...

The main difference is without Alonso but we have glen johnson. Today was all about the added dimension he provides... not only did he assist a goal and score one himself on a brilliant siccor/over head kick but he also created loads of opportunities in a game where stoke could have shut us down just like they did last year.

What Rafa has realized I think is that we have to be a bit more adventurous at home if we want to gather more points. I think he is right.

If you have read the article above it explains another reason why not all Liverpool fans are happy with the owners at present. They simply do not keep promises. Not only the stadium but also with the transfer kitty.

One thing I should say they did right and that is giving benitez full control over transfers, and signing Rafa on a new contract. maybe that was the wisest decision of them all...


I thought Rafa did the right thing when he sold Alonso. Simply because of the money we got for him. Whether he spent it wisely is another matter. We will see when Aquilani is fit. I think it might not have been the best signing since he has only played 23% of the league matches in the last 3 yrs for Roma. Smells of antoher Fabio Aurelio if you ask me... He is not also in a more physical league.


but like I said... I will not pass judgement before he has been at Anfield for a while. I don't think anyone is doubting his talent.

Gotta congratulate Burnley for their win agianst the Red Devils today as well... that was just very unexpected and another pleasant surprise on a day like today.-
I don't know about the rest of you but I thought Daniel Ayala looked very good today. A bit nervous but that is only natural at 18. Don't really know what we need this greek defender for now... He has now officially signed only subject to a medical...

Give the youngsters the chance. I thought it worked today. I think we should give both Insua (only 19 and look like a proven left back) , Lucas (growing with every game after a fantastic preseason) and Ngog thumbs up for great performances all around.

Man of the match today goes to Glen Johnson who just pipped it from Reina who I would give the MoM to for the first match against Spurs...

Wouldn't like to talk about that match too much but to be fair maybe it was ok to have that loss first day of the season as a wake up call....

Tottenham and Chelsea and maybe Arsenal are looking like the teams to beat at the moment and I am guessing that a lot of teams will lose points at White Heart Lane this season-..

In RAFA we trust
YNWA
Stian

No comments: