Monday, September 19, 2011

Game verdict - Tottenham - Stian and Anil

From: Stian 
To: Anil

Good summary all around from you. 
Skretel was struggling from the get go against bale. That was the main problem.

Liverpool got outfoxed in the transfer window. I said it from the get go when Adebayor and parker got signed. I even remember telling you that we should sign adebayor and that parker is better player than lucas. Adebayor and parker came for way less money than Carroll and henderson and are both better players at present. If our guys can develop we can get there but when we sold of cole, aquilani and mereiles we lost depth.

Imagine the depth we wud have had with parker marshalling the troops from a central midfiled position with adam and lucas deputising depending on opponent and adebayor to partner suarez with carroll coming on when needed and back to full fitness?

Bellamy should have started on right mid to provide a threat to assou-ecotto and push bale back to help out. Henderson on the bench.

Skretel should have started at centre back alongside agger as carra is getting too old. Carra on the bench.

Gerrard should have got 35mins at right back to get back to fitness if he was in good enough shape to play that long. Then flanagan could have got a game or coates in the centre and skretel right (but later in the game). Flanagan could have matched the pace of bale or at least kept up more and could have taken out space against him.

Coates was the one positive yesterday and despite suarez's flimsyness he was decent as well and I thought carroll is slowly finding form. He just needs to keep getting games.

I guess we should mention as well that we kept it to 1-0 until we went down to 9 men which is not too shabby. I would like to see more of Coates with him and I guess Carragher starting next game since Agger looks to be injured and Skretel will be suspended now. Has Danny Wilson gone on loan by the way?

Since I sent this email I have seen Kenny's interview on BBC. He was not happy with the way we are being treated by referees at the moment and I have to agree with him. Lots of yellow cards flying at the moment. Hopefully it will even itself out over the course of the season.

YNWA,
Stian
Sent from my BlackBerry device on the Rogers Wireless Network

From: Anil Mathew 
Date: Mon, 19 Sep 2011 12:58:54 +0100
To: Stian G. Andersen
Subject: Hi

Hi mate,

How are you doing?

Just want to know if you managed to watch the Tottenham game yesterday?  What a poor performance from the men in red.  Really disappointed with the game Liverpool played, right from the kick off, though we should not take anything away from Tottenham as they were immense and outplayed us in every department.  I was really disappointed as I thought we had a good chance to get a good result at White Hart Lane yesterday.  However, after watching yesterday's game it made me realise the lack of quality we have in our team as we were not able to hold possession for long (we should have kept Aqualani and Meireles).  In the past I have not given Tottenham too much credit (probably down to the fact I hardly watch Tottenham games on the TV) but Modric, Bale, Adebayor and Parker were fantastic yesterday.  I am really surprised Parker wasn't coveted by more teams during the transfer window.  Harry has got a great bargain in getting him for around £5m from West Ham as I am very sure he will put strong performances on a weekly basis.  Honestly, I wish Liverpool had bought Parker rather than Henderson (for the stupidly inflated price we paid Sunderland).  Andy Carroll looks out of form and I think Kenny should rest Carroll and Henderson and add Bellamy and Gerrard in place of them.  I am sure the two young Englishmen will grow and become key players for Liverpool over time but I think they need to build up some confidence up over the next few months.  I think Adam was unlucky with his first yellow but I have no complaints of his second yellow and after being on a tight rope he should maybe have not made the challenge.  Skretel was awful against Bale and he deserved to go.  Wonder why Kenny didn't give Flanagan a chance yesterday.


United look awesome and apart from City, I can't see many teams getting close to them this season.  I am seriously impressed with Fergie's signing over the last couple of years (Smalling, Jones, Young especially) and his ability to blood them into the team very quickly.  They deserved their win against Chelsea.  Chelsea though can count themselves a bit unlucky as they had so many chances and it was good to Fernando score for them.  I think he is on his way back to his previous best, though his shocking miss towards the end of the game will haunt him for a while.


Surprised City didn't finish off Fulham but it shows the depth in the teams in the Premier League.


What are you views?


Anil

No comments: