Thursday, November 12, 2009

transfer window closing

Do you not think that Roman Pavlyochenko would be a great signing for Liverpool as a second striker? To be there if Torres is out?

I know there is the language problem but… he will know some English and that will get sorted out quickly if we get him playing, which he will if Torres is out a lot.

Personally we could pick him up on the cheap like somewhere in between £8 and £10 mill. He cost Tottenham £12 and cant get a game there. Think he is a bit of a hidden gem much like Darren Bent was at Tottenham and that Harry just likes Keane, Defoe and Crouch better. He has also played on the left for Russia where Benitez liked to use Keane and I am pretty sure he would get more games than he does at Tottenham.

Silva will be expensive and many teams will be after him but I think he should be our top priority.

I know Hindsight is a beautiful thing but what if Rafa would have picked up Krankjar instead of Aquilani for the 2,5 mill Tottenham paid for him and bought Pavlyochenko. Both are relatively proven and could have played from the start of the season. I just cant see Aquilani being a good buy with his injury record for £19m. Hopefully he can prove me wrong.

Another player with a lot of talent that I think we should be after is Klaas Jan Huntelar despite not making a mark in Italy. I think we could get him for about £6m with some add ons if he becomes top scorer and we do well in CL etc.

For central defenders I think Ryan Shawcross would be a good replacement for Carragher. Potential threat in front of goal and an uncompromising defender on the challenge. Lots of last minute tackles and good headers away.

Thoughts?

YNWA,
Stian

No comments: