Thursday, October 22, 2009

Is Rafael Benitez about to get canned?

From: Stian Andersen Sent: October 22, 2009 4:51 PMTo: 'steven@worldfootballdaily.com'; 'kenny@worldfootballdaily.com'Cc: John WhiteSubject:

Hi Steven and Kenny,

If Rafa got the sack..... Jose Morinho would deffo be preferred to Steve Nichol and Kenny Daglish… .

To be fair I am starting to get worried about him loosing his job as well now. He needs a few wins and fast. Against Man United is a must win game but I think he can still keep his job with loosing that one if he beats Lyon in the next CL game. If he looses both those the owners will almost have to start considering the situation. To me I would keep him around as long as possible and not do anything until Rafa chooses to leave the manager post himself. Saying that I think he is going to come up big against United on Sunday. I am looking forward to the game, I hope that Agger and Skretel starts in the centre of defence and that he puts Carra on the bench for the first time this year. That is going to really test Carra’s character since he is through and through scouser.

Saying that it will probably never happen. I just hope Glen Johnson and Torres is able to recover and hence that we can play something close to our strongest team presently except Gerrard.

I prefer to keep Rafa to getting Morinho cause he can produce magic from players that have not got all that much quality. I believe he is going to turn it around and I think he is the best manager we could possibly get apart from maybe Wenger and Morinho.

I believe he Rafa is doing this a little bit on purpose at the moment to make sure that the owners are giving him funding in January. I think this is part of a process. If Liverpool was in a title challenge in January there is no reason why the owners would give Rafa Benitez £20m in a recession. If Liverpool are in a crisis and the alternative is that they might not make a CL this year unless there is investment in January then obviously Rafa will get money to spend. Especially after this sponsorship deal was signed.

Call me crazy but Rafa has surprised us before and when he starts Martin Kelly ahead of Carragher on right back in a very important CL game and when he plays Jay Spearing ahead of Mascherano in an important league game against Sunderland, who happened to be in a rich vein of form, you have got to start wondering….

Ngog finally got a start and I like that Ryan Babel is getting a game but to get them playing well they need to start 10 games in a row much like the confidence Rafa is giving Lucas. Complete and 100% support and I think if he does that these players would have came good. Babel is a much bigger talent than a guy like Riera….

Rafa realized that he squad depth is not deep enough and that

I honestly do not believe that he would be stupid enough to buy Aquilani that he knew would not be ready until November if he had any ambitions of winning the title. Robben, Schneider and De Rossi were all available for less money or around the same money that we bought Aquilani for. It just does not make sense.

Another player that I just do not understand why left so cheap was Alvaro Arbeloa. He grew into a Spain right back when he was at liverpool and would have been a perfect backup should Glen Johnson get injured. We only got 2,5mill for him as well.

Fair enough Real Madrid was after him but still we could have asked for at least 4 or 5 mill for him. I mean Villa payed 8m for Steven Warnock.

What are your thoughts?

Once again, thanks for an awesome show… shame you are enjoying the way things are going with Rafa at the moment. I am hoping he is playing dangerous games to get money in January and that he picks up a win or two soon so that he is not in danger of loosing his job anymore.

YNWA,
Stian

No comments: